Here we go.

05 August 2016

February, March, April 2016

Not a lot of time passed before we went back to Texas. Visiting the American Airlines Center inspired me to say 'fuck it' and put a couple Stars v. Blackhawks tickets on ye olde credit card, so this trip became more than a cabinet-buying mission. WORTH IT. With all the money going into this damn renovation, we needed to do something F-U-N. We needed to see Jamie Benn and Marion Hossa do the damn thing, y'know? I'd recently admitted out loud to becoming a Stars fan, so I was pulling for the Home team, but the Hawks thrashed 'em. Don't get me wrong, I love the Blackhawks and they looked so damn good, but I needed to diversify my hockey portfolio. 

 photo 858E4186-9257-44A0-9362-7CFA3566E4C6_zpsrbdukpid.jpg

 photo BEDE6858-401F-4595-A010-6C6253F6306A_zps8rf8iljf.jpg

 photo 07A2FE3B-BAD2-4844-AEC1-3604DA1B22D9_zpsyjgfsfvq.jpg

ATM + Arrow did the bulk of the assembling of cabinets:
 photo B4313AED-AFE1-4EFA-BF2D-63148D80A24A_zpssols9kam.jpg

King cake season:
 photo 130EFCDE-1A05-41B7-BCFD-AEA4D9CD67E0_zps2kghggbf.jpg

These pulls were ordered years ago when I didn't have a 'vision' for the kitchen, usually on sale. I am quite pleased with how well they fit into the grand scheme:
 photo 807806D7-2559-49B8-B2DD-A0FC233D4FA3_zpsiayk3uob.jpg

SNAPCHAT:
 photo 0F009837-A2B2-4B7D-946C-14CA89FB1F9D.png_zpss7lnav7e.jpeg

I still hold out the hope of owning an antique:
 photo 880D9BB9-2BF3-462F-A3E4-D0E4C4EC526D_zpsgpbbtjvq.jpg

So, within recent history, we've discovered our passion for Chinese sub sandwiches. Usually when you ask someone around here what kind of restaurant they wished NLR/LR had, they'd say 'Thai' or 'Korean,' but my answer would be 'Memphis-style Chinese sub shop'.  I'm sitting here failing to come up with words to convey what makes it so great. It just is. It's definitely a Memphis thing. The restaurant sells sandwiches, but also Chinese food, so you can get an egg roll with that sub, if you wanted. It's cash only. It's usually busy. We hit it every single time we're in town.  These pics aren't going to blow you away, but I could probably convince ATM + KMHD to testify in front of Congress that this is the best thing they've ever eaten. #teamsoftbread And, finally, Summer Avenue is my Poplar. 
 photo 2C8B36DD-CF8F-43A9-86E3-617A0E101504_zpshzkhjxz2.jpg

 photo 80C7AB60-C5EC-4083-8F65-2EF36CA79F2F_zpstkmdxyhl.jpg

Country Florist tapes 1, 2, 3.
 photo 8B394A04-EDD7-4BE3-911C-E6B491FF053B_zpsbccmofkd.jpg

Eggs + soldiers:
 photo 677945E0-57AC-48F4-9D16-E201AF41C8EC_zpsrlw2zpon.jpg

Rare snuggling:
 photo 4A085E90-76AC-4ECA-90F3-B7B281271F32_zpssrhzjkyf.jpg

 photo 5A51735B-C9E5-4BC3-87CD-65748B077556_zpszh4bbgtp.jpg

I finally got around to making Husk cornbread. There's no other way!
 photo AD638DC3-FF7B-4397-B7AA-3E9416AEF276_zpsmofw5beu.jpg

And Jacques Pepin's warm chocolate cakes with apricot-cognac sauce.  This dessert is so good, it is my go-to to blow folks away. Triple the recipe.
 photo 5BE1C009-08FC-4B5E-9B73-0238CD96D58D_zpsdkr6dkgv.jpg

Game-played puck:
 photo 5B18BB88-725C-4BA4-AF18-E93C1BB4B20D_zpsu8tgbqvn.jpg

KMHD + I found our fav bar in Memphis, finally. The Cove:
 photo DD4D43F2-B81C-4EA7-A13B-BD84707AB2A2_zpsysxvecbb.jpg

Keiko!
 photo 80E409FA-4828-490D-BBFC-883CF8E9D993_zpsz3szs2g8.jpg

Snapchat gone right:
 photo 0D854388-FD01-4E9D-B9F4-E5E8937D7F30_zpsxiaofsrx.jpg

How Draheim gals go camping:
 photo 567567A4-CEFD-49FD-A920-CA8EFEC50E03_zpsh7f5mssw.jpg

Hullooooooo
 photo 70BE1B97-D717-4F3A-B4F8-22BE3E675E3C_zpsyqhmgb0t.jpg

New patch that I'm waiting for the right jean jacket for:
 photo 77AF4564-F99B-43F4-BD05-88BAA310A91B_zps4rznhfs2.jpg

Pic by Kate:
 photo AFE081BF-6395-4BEC-A8FF-04A22A721F96_zpstdpl3bwf.png

Camping finds:
 photo 392BCE70-841A-4364-A413-F763F60E7B24_zpscfiewhd5.jpg

I really got hot sauce in my bag, until they burst in my purst.
 photo 9AD815A3-C6C8-4F8A-B9AD-5EB8F3DBF35B_zpsvalqpbnn.jpg

One of my favorite hammock views:
 photo B6D0E781-1001-4007-BBDE-8ADD67F3EFC3_zps9mbb2hoa.jpg

Camping buds Kate + James:
 photo D3B2762B-01A9-4A66-9844-FC2F20D6975D_zpsioddyuwq.jpg

 photo FD7967D4-FF07-404D-A2F5-C85476CAFDFB_zpsydsbdtvx.jpg

KMHD + I sneak away from work from time to time for a coffee/sweet @ the Capital Hotel:
 photo 5DCB996C-C401-489D-B8D2-76E6A4F30AAE_zpszmwltwj8.jpg

Cooked fresh artichokes for the first time, thank you Mr. Acheson:
 photo F2108D60-2B0E-4E78-83D6-975FAB63FBDA_zpsbxv9kvk0.jpg

Baseball season back on!
 photo 044DB420-C82A-4BC9-9968-4276C3D9D8B9_zpsfmhlum8y.jpg

Eggs from mum, new countertops:
 photo B69F41A2-27B9-4DEC-A44D-0B9133385DC9_zpsv8ga8mzt.jpg

There's a newish restaurant on Rodney Parham called Al Seraj. In short, if you haven't, you should.  Really great for both vegetarians and carnivores, so you can go with ALL your pals. Even got mum hooked on it:
 photo 9BC4AB76-276E-464F-B33C-9F412DDA7372_zpsrow46yxd.jpg

Got some berries that are about to give up on you? Slice 'em up and grill them with a touch of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Put on good vanilla ice cream. 
 photo A505E6EB-1CF5-476B-AE24-2D923914C086_zpsf9idly1p.jpg

Here's the best pic of the kitchen with the lower cabs and countertops! I'd say we're about 85% complete here. Still need to get moulding, baseboards, work around the windows, upper cabs, and light fixtures.  That shelf is still just a temp fix. Even in this state, I'm pretty proud of it:
 photo A7051793-E81E-4C67-B664-1BA5CE21E23A_zpswgim9fwh.jpg

Our pal Corey opened another/new sneaker shop. It's beautiful and cool, but I do wish they carried more stuff for GALS, who, in case you were unsure, also love sneaks.
 photo 0EC22E50-5310-4AAB-ACC1-85A323611BA3_zpswrtsfr3t.jpg

Got a new lid from Old Heights Corner Store tho:
 photo 56BF6B36-7491-435E-A5F4-07A5F0169258_zpsqz2wlge2.jpg

At some point in April, ATM told me he had to go to Bentonville for work, so I took time off work and accompanied him, since his work was paying for gas/hotel. Might as well take advantage, right? We got to meet up with Alannah, a lovely person we haven't seen in so long. We had supper at Oven & Tap, where they prepared Tokyo turnips in a way that made me BUY SEEDS, so I can grow my own turnips and attempt to hack that recipe. It is no easy task to make a vegetable sing like this:
 photo BD54101C-11B2-4124-8939-C389777D4ABB_zpsvhj0qkks.jpg 

While ATM worked, I checked out the art in hotel 21c. The embroidery that they have on display RN is amazing.
 photo A84E6037-09A5-46B9-AAD5-A7FFC4E71079_zpsxpcl1823.jpg

 photo B5B58DD8-3449-45CE-9B4B-7D6A6273393B_zpsx08en8p9.jpg

Got coffee at Onyx. They've got amazing tile.Their coffee is dang delicious. Remember, the more insufferable the joint, the better the coffee:
 photo 7058C710-60C0-4263-8CCE-AD673BFB01ED_zpsbhgi6afr.jpg

 photo 66EB6F92-7153-434D-891B-BBA8F0E7E9B5_zpshm6izf9y.jpg

After getting  hella tcaffeinated, I walked to Crystal Bridges. Saw the Lloyd Frank Wright house on the way in:
 photo 4969F0D4-25F3-476D-AC6F-E99FF59F5B8D_zpser8jemjw.jpg

 photo 625358A0-05ED-454B-8A84-7DD007DF1ED4_zpsntmumrnc.jpg

So, my opinion of Bentonville is hella mixed. When I was younger, it was just a cow town outside of Fayetteville, the birth place of Walmart. Now it is a place that Walmart has made desirable for their higher up execs; they needed to make it attractive for them to stay. Tourism could've been an afterthought. I'm definitely over-simplifying the situaish. There's the museum, fine restaurants with food so good, it makes me want to cry, entertainment, nice housing, and uh...it's a safe place to live.  It's very weird there and I enjoyed myself, but I didn't want to stay much longer than we needed to. I do want to go back to eat more food, honestly. We high-tailed it home, so we could make the inaugural match of the Little Rock Rangers. Oh, what fun.
 photo C9E5B054-0D5B-4D57-B6C9-766C2933F05F_zpskstq5ndw.jpg

 photo 5E198BEB-E281-404B-9663-E2E2EAF783FD_zpslt8etgno.jpg

This succulent lived by the bathroom sink for weeks. I don't know why I repotted it:
 photo 97A6375C-9CFF-4D52-87C6-71E58FEF372C_zps4z78pwsc.jpg

Britt + Ollie:
 photo 7BF9C926-A2F6-4CFB-B1C9-31FB2D4CACAE_zpsb0aa77yz.jpg

Fruit pizza is the jam!
 photo AE6634C2-A6F7-4539-99F0-1257E3C3109F_zpsefsry7kn.jpg

Woof, I remember this Friday. File under "shit happens, but this shit could've been prevented." Same tree, same neighbor. My poor little car. All of those squats and weight lifting paid off because I pulled that branch out of the way by myself, in the rain:
 photo E0C0C17A-256D-4912-BE02-49BAA5ED561E_zpsdrduigo0.jpg

Last pic of April! LR welcomes Sir Paul McCartney:
 photo C9FCB6DA-64F6-4158-BB66-08E3FD5D87BA_zpskuvcmf34.jpg

It's August 5. I'm in the midst of a grand funk. Not enough to go to the doctor and get medicated, but it's enough. I'm hoping that a bang trim, fresh juice, and some yoga will lift me today. Too, I'm not at work, and that always helps. Honestly, some people get winter blues. I get summer blues. It's too hot/humid to be out! I haven't gone swimming at all. Criminal.


No comments:

Blog Archive